I meant to add in my big weekend post... Maddux's fingers are doing pretty good.
The blister on his thumb is still quite large. He has taken to calling it a "pillow on my finger". In the mornings it has some slack in it, but by bedtime it has filled back up taut. The blist on his middle finger is just about gone. Today I didn't even put a band-aid on it. His pointer finger... my crazy boy... last night after his bath I didn't put a band-aid on right away as I wanted his fingers to dry out real good first. We came downstairs for a snack and for the kids to watch a bedtime show. Next thing you know I hear him say "there's a hole in my finger". I thought that maybe the huge blister on his thumb had popped. I asked him what happened and he said "I took my boo-boo off". Ugh. That boy peeled the skin off the blister on his pointer finger! I'm not sure whether it popped, hence him saying he had a hole and then he peeled it off or whether he just peeled it off and it then left a hole. He didn't complain about it hurting too much, but he did mention it a few times. It's mighty red and raw where it peeled so we'll have to be very careful now about keeping it extra clean. No more sandbox until it heals up. I just hope we can keep the thumb one from breaking.

1 comments:
oh my goodnes....Hope he heals soon. Gosh!..poor little guy! melissa C
Post a Comment