Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Airline Travel

I've flown several times since all the new security measures about taking your gels and liquids. But I'm typically flying off for several days and therefore have a checked bag so I just make sure and pack my bathroom stuff in there.

Tomorrow morning at 6am (eek!) I'm flying out to Illinois. I'm flying back home Friday morning so it's a very quick trip. It's just me by myself, so I really don't have much to pack. I decided last night that I would just pack a carry-on and not mess with checking a bag. (I have horrible luck when it comes to lost luggage when I have a lay-over, which I do for both my flights this trip).

I went to Target this morning to get a rolling carry-on bag. That was easy. Then I wanted to get some travel bottles to hold all my "gels and liquids". I had read-up on the TSA guidelines at home and knew that I had to have bottles that were 3oz maximum and a quart size ziploc. So I grab a bag of ziplocs and head over to the travel-sized stuff in search of small bottles. I grab a couple and bring them home. Turns out they're 4oz! What's up with that? I didn't measure them out or anything, a big 4oz is stamped on the bottom of them.

Seems to me that travel things these days would follow the TSA guidelines, but I guess not! I took to going through all my bathroom stuff and find that we had 2 bottles that are 3oz. I filled them up and then proceeded to break the cap on one of the bottles (fun, fun) So, I guess while Ava is at gymnastics today Maddux and I'll be heading out to CVS or Wally World in search of 3oz travel bottles.

and for what it's worth... I highly doubt the security people would notice that my bottles are 4oz, but with my luck at airports (did I mention that my husband is on the No-Fly List? good thing he's not with me this time) I'm not taking any chances. :)

2 comments:

megan said...

No-Fly List? That sounds like an interesting story!

Unknown said...

amy, this is the universe's way of conspiring against you...

and i want to hear the no-fly list story too!