We are almost done with our new swingset. Yay! We started it last weekend, and got all but a little bit done this weekend. The kids are so excited. Last weekend we got the main structure built. Saturday our goal was the swing beam. First Kevin had to put some supporting boards on the structure. Then it was time for the huge beam. It was tough work getting it in place. That thing was so heavy! It was all I could do to help hold it up there. I sent the kids in the house because I was afraid we were going to drop it! But it wasn't too bad in the end. Sunday we attached the rails to block access to the swings from the sandbox and around the fort. The next hardest part was getting the tarp on top. It wasn't that it's hard to put on the top, it was just the height! The platform of the fort area is 5 ft off the ground and then the tarp is another 8ft above that! I had visions of Kevin tumbling off his step ladder and then falling to the ground. Fortunately that didn't happen. :)
We're all very excited to have the project almost done. All that's left is to attach the slide, build and attach a ladder and build and attach a rock climbing wall. The kids can't wait for the slide... it's 10 ft long! Playgroup is here on Thursday so hopefully we'll have it finished so Maddux's friends can try it out.





1 comments:
Awesome!!! I hope we can come play on it on Thursday!!
Post a Comment