For a few weeks now we've been talking to Maddux about not having a paci (pacifier) anymore. We've come up with a story... The Paci Fairy will come the first night Maddux goes to bed with no paci. She will take all 4 of his paci's away. In their place she'll leave a new big boy toy. She'll fly back to the moon where she'll give his paci's to new babies who need them. Cute huh?!
He's been very excited to talk about the Paci Fairy. We read stories with the paci's sitting on his bookshelf. But once he climbs in bed and gets all tucked in he's been telling us "4 more night". :) It's been 4 nights for at least 2 weeks now.
But tonight, Kevin excitedly came downstairs saying that Maddux was paci free. Yay! Maddux started calling out a few moments later and we both thought he was going to be asking for a paci. But as of right now he's been in his bed for 50 minutes and I haven't heard any noises from him in over 30 minutes so I think he's asleep... with all 4 pacis still sitting on the bookshelf.
Kevin, aka The Paci Fairy, is making a run to Target as I type this to get the new big boy toy. He's also getting Ava a little something from the Fairy for being such a good big sister. Otherwise she'd be insanely jealous.
On that note, I'll digress into another topic... Maddux is becoming such a big boy! First off, everyone keeps telling me how tall he's getting. He has shot up recently I guess, I haven't measured him, but I do know his jeans aren't long anymore.
And we're potty training! He is pretty much wearing big boy undies during the day now. Diapers are only for nighttime, where they're very much so still needed. But he is doing so good during the day. It's blowing my mind. He has really done it all on his own. We've just been there to keep the progress from backsliding too much (such as limiting diapers to nighttime only).
And just this week he pooped on the potty for the first time. The first week he was holding it in and waiting until he had a diaper on and I thought that would continue. But he surprised me! Kevin had told him that he'd buy him a new big boy toy if he'd poop on the potty. So immediately after he went he announced to me "let's go to Target, momma!". He picked out a really neat pop-up Matchbox set.
This is going to be 2 new big boy toys in just over a week for my little man. Ava got really jealous when he got that toy, that's why the paci fairy is going to bring her somethign tonight too. It's hard to be the big sister. :)
Minnow
5 months ago
4 comments:
Yeah!!! What a big boy! We did the paci fairy too!! It worked so well, but Anderson has only taken about 5 naps since!!!
Wow, wtg Maddux! I hope the Paci Fairy brings him something good. ;)
And I'm jealous of the potty training. Alex just turned 3 and is still refusing. I think we may have to force the issue a bit.
Congrats..its a good feeling to conquer such a thing. Melissa C
wow!! way to go maddux! isn't it exciting when a lot of big kid things happen all at once? i think that i was my favorite part about mollly being two.
Post a Comment