Thursday, August 6, 2009

Summer is Coming to an End

The countdown is on... it's officially 3 weeks until school starts (for Ava anyway, Maddux has 2 weeks more than Ava).



It's been a fun summer. We went to the Great Smoky Mountains, Ohio and to the beach at Topsail Island, NC. We've had fun playdates with friends and plenty of pool time (after the week at the beach, I'm a little tired of applying sunscreen). Tomorrow (Thursday) I'm taking the kids to Kevin's parents for a long weekend. It will be strangely quiet here at home without them. Kevin and I will be seeing Coldplay Friday evening. And next week will wrap up our summer activities. The kids have a half-day camp all week at the McDowell Nature Preserve. They'll get to learn about all sorts of local wild animals, go hiking, play in a stream, do crafts and in general have an excellent time.



After that we'll begin getting ready for school. That means earlier bedtimes and earlier wake-times for all of us. We've done almost all of our back-to-school supply shopping, but I'm anticipating a longer list of needed supplies to come out soon. Why? Because Ava's school is brand new! We're all very excited to get inside and check out the brand new and shiny clean school.



For now though, I'm going to continue my countdown. It's gotten really hot and humid outside and none of us care to be outside in it any longer than absolutly necessary. That means lots of disagreements and tattle-telling and general driving-momma-crazy moments!

You can check out all our summer photos at avamaddux.shutterfly.com

1 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

Amy, regarding the tattle-telling, it's not very nice for you tattle-tell on your kids to Kevin. hee hee hee. Seriously, it looks like you've all had a nice summer. :-)