Friday, May 22, 2009

Salsa Beef Skillet recipe

By request....

Salsa Beef Skillet

1 lb ground beef
2 cups water
1 cup salsa
1 pkg Kraft Deluxe Mac n Cheese
2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Brown meat. Stir in water, salsa, and macaroni. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Add corn and cheese sauce; cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with tortilla chips. From Kraft Food & Family


Pretty easy recipe. I don't add shredded cheese, I don't think you need it. Also, make sure you get the Kraft DELUXE mac n cheese... that's the kind that comes with the liquid cheese sauce rather than a powder. I was unfamiliar with the Deluxe variety until I came across this recipe.

We had this on Wednesday. Ava ate 2 bowls. Maddux only ate the 3 bites we made him eat... though after eating them he said he liked it. Stubborn boy wouldn't eat more though. We're having it for leftovers tonight before Candy Bingo!

Hope anyone who tries it enjoys it!

2 comments:

Jennifer B. said...

I think I'll try this. Thanks. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks!