Wednesday, August 6, 2008

It's Picture time of year!

Every year around July I get the kids pictures taken. If you've been to my house you've seen all the old ones on my family room wall. The last 4 years I've taken the kids to Portrait Innovations for pictures. They always do a decent job, but I'm always stressed about it since Maddux doesn't like to sit still for pictures.

This year Kevin suggested that I take the pictures myself. I was a little skeptical at first, but I told him I would try it, but if they didn't turn out that I would take them to Portrait Innovations and drop a $100. :)

So, this weekend we took the kids out for pictures. Maddux was his typical won't sit still for long self, but being able to get up and run after each few shots worked wonders. We went to a business park pond here near the house first, but my batteries died in the camera after only a couple minutes (way to be prepared, huh!?). After getting new batteries we went up to the pond area behind Kevin's office building. We spent about 30 minutes working our way around the pond stopping at each good spot for a few pictures.

Here's the results... what do you think?






I think I did a damn fine job if I do say so myself! I'm actually quite impressed with myself, especially given it was my first try to take "portraits" rather than "snapshots". And I give big props to my friend Ela, of Photography by Ela for tweaking the first 3 shots a bit in photoshop to give them that professional "pop". I can't wait to hear the reactions from family when they hear I took the photos myself!

6 comments:

Carainn said...

Amy,

Can you come over tomorrow around 10am for our Picture. I will have the boys dreesed and ready.
You did an amazing JOB.

Love Carainn

megan said...

Amy! Those are amazing!!! I need to hire you!!!!

Unknown said...

Amy!! WOWWOWWOW!!

(It does help that your subjects are especially adorable too!)

Now you just have to convince hubby that the $100 you just saved him on pictures should be spent on a mani, pedi, and massage for YOU!!!

The Baur Family said...

Amy, Those are awesome! Can you come and get my uncooperative children to pose for pictures!? ;)

ODonnell Family Blog said...

/Great job! I am very impressed. I think you missed your calling!
Kat

Jennifer B. said...

Those area really, really good! They look quite professional and you saved money, too! Way to go!