Last night I made Chicken with Twenty Cloves of Garlic. A recipe I found in the Kraft Food & Family magazine.
Chicken with Twenty Cloves of Garlic
4 small chicken breast halves (1 lb)
20 cloves garlic, peeled
3/4 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup Kraft Light Classic Caesar dressing
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Heat large nonstick skillt on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 4 min, turning chicken after 2 minutes.
Stir in broth and dressing; cover with lid. Cook chicken 4 min on each side or until done.
Sprinkle with parmesan. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 1 min.
I had mixed feelings about Kevin liking this. I knew if he looked at the recipe he'd say no simply because of the caesar dressing. So I decided to be sneaky and make sure he did not see the recipe.
Let me just say, peeling 20 cloves of garlic is a huge pain! I am going to a Pampered Chef party tonight, where I will most certainly be buying a garlic peeling tube thingy. In the end I only peeled 15 cloves, it was just taking too long, and I needed to get the caesar dressing poured in before Kevin came home to see it. ;)
The chicken was really easy to make (except for the peeling garlic part) and turned out really yummy! Surprisingly, it wasn't very garlicy at all. I guess since the cloves cook whole they don't give off as much flavor. Kevin liked it alot, at which point I revealed the caesar dressing ingredient. He was surprised, but still liked it. Ava ate as much of it as I did! And Maddux was eating bites as fast as Keving could cut them up. So I'd say this recipe is definitely a keeper!
I served it with roasted red potatoes and carrots. Toss potatoes adn carrots with some olive oil and balsalmic vinegar. Arrange on a baking sheet. Season as you like. I used salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Roast in a 450 oven for 15 minutes, stir, and then continue to roast for another 15-20 minutes.
Once again I forgot to take a picture of the food plated up. Once I get to that point, I'm usually too ready to eat! Here's a couple shots of the ready to serve food though.
Minnow
5 months ago
3 comments:
oooh! looks good! I'll have to try this. I'll have to be discrete with the dressing too. Drew is anti-dressing. (weird, LOL)
sarah
Sounds delicious! I love your "garlic peeling tube thingy" terminology!!
I went to this restaurant in downtown San Francisco called The Stinking Rose several years ago. Everything on the menu was garlic, lots of garlic on it. It was so good. The only thing that was gross was the garlic ice cream. That went a little too far for me.
Post a Comment