In reorganizing my cabinets, Maddux remembered/realized we have a donut maker. It's a circa 1977 Dazey Donut Factory. My mom cleaned out her cabinets and gave it to me a year or so ago. We have used it before, but Maddux was adamant about wanting to make donuts. So I told him Saturday would be donut day... I told him this last weekend. Every day this week he would ask me "are we making donuts this year?" By year, he really meant day, by the end of the week he had it right :) Anyway, saturday rolled around so I made donuts with the kids while Kevin slept in (saturday is his morning), hence the less than stellar pics since I had to make the batter, use the donut maker, and use the camera.
We all thoroughly enjoyed the donuts. We'll have to do this more often I think (or maybe I could convince Kevin to make donuts on a Sunday which is my day to sleep in) :)
Ava cracking the egg for the batter
The Donut Factory, oil and batter bubbling away on the top
Fresh, hot donut
Ava frosting her donut
Ava showing off her donut
First delicious bite
Maddux and his donut
Finger-licking good
Minnow
5 months ago
5 comments:
I have that EXACT same donut maker in my garage!!!! I haven't used it since having kids b/c I lost the recipe book/instruction manual....if you find a recipe that works well, please let me know!
What a fun (and yummy) thing to do! I would have absolutely loved that when I was a kid.
Megan, I will send you the recipe we use. How funny that you have the same one!
What a fun (and delicious) thing to do!
SO adorable! I love donuts! Looks like fun!
Post a Comment