Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls Night

I got to have a fabulous night out on Saturday. Therese's hubby treated us with tickets to see Motherload uptown. Motherload is a hilarious one-woman show about motherhood. The basic gist is how all us mothers think we suck because we're trying to keep up with all the things that magazines, doctors, "experts", books, other mothers, our own mothers, etc are telling us all the time. I'm not explaining well at all, but just trust me, it was hilarious. Definitely worth seeing... and I think it's way more funny to watch it with another mom. I think I would have been saying "see, get it?" to Kevin because dads just don't always get it. :)

Before the show we went to Ri-Ra's Irish pub for dinner. I love, love, love Shepherds pie. We sat out on the terrace and enjoyed the cool fall night. Perfect weather for enjoying a steaming hot dish of shepherds pie. I stuffed myself and ate the whole thing! Therese drove us uptown and let's just say parking a huge truck in a parking garage is quite the experience! lol

After the show we went to Starbucks and just enjoyed conversation without kids underfoot. I always feel so energized and refreshed after being out without the kids, and actually without Kevin. I guess because Kevin and I talk about the kids so much. Don't get me wrong, I love going out with him too, but going out with a girlfriend is just different. It reminds me of just being me... not me the mom, but just me. Does that make sense to anyone but me? :)

6 comments:

The Baur Family said...

It TOTALLY makes sense to me! :)

Jennifer B. said...

It makes 100% sense. :-)

Therese said...

I am glad you had a good time and thanks again, for treating me to Ri-Ra's. And I felt the same way, even though I still watched my language as if the kids were right there. It is nice just to be me, and not have a title. It is liberating and refreshing... kind of grounding. A nice reminder we are still our own person/human being. Let's do this again soon!

Unknown said...

glad you girls had a great time!! it's hard taking off your mommy hat, isn't it??!!

Karen said...

makes sense to me. Glad you had a fun night! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous. And it makes more sense to me than anyone can imagine. -Leigharev