Happy Birthday, Maddux! I can't quite believe my baby is 3 and that it means I don't have a baby anymore. :(
We had a fun day today. We woke up and headed downstairs where Maddux found his presents from us, Ava and my parents (yesterday he opened gifts from his cousin Sadie... he's wearing the pj's they sent). My parents got him a huge tub of Tinker Toys and we got him a huge tub of Lincoln Logs. I predict these will forever more be gracing my floors, but will be tons of fun! Ava got him a set of kitties and a light-up camping scene from Littlest Pet Shop... yes, my boy is playing with a "girl" toy. But hey, it's just cute little animals that have fun places to hang out. :) The Tinker Toys seemed to be the biggest hit. Kevin promptly got to work and built a rocket that was as tall as me. Then the kids wanted it to hit the ceiling so he added on. Next he decided to blast it off at which time the part on the ceiling tipped into the ceiling fan... let's just say I had to duck rather quickly as random Tinker Toy parts came flying at me!
We gave Maddux his choice for breakfast and he picked donuts (hmmm, wonder where he gets his hankering for donuts from). So we all got cleaned up and headed out to Dunkin Donuts, yum! After that we went to see Wall-E. Cute, but just "eh". Both kids had a hard time following the storyline I think, plus there's not a lot of dialog. We had 2 very fidgety kids.
Next up was a trip to Build-a-Bear. Maddux is in a phase of loving kitties. Ava has a kitty that she built there on her b-day (it's become an b-day tradition in our house) and Maddux loves it. Problem is 1) it's Ava's and 2) it's pink. Maddux picked out his own kitty which is an orange tabby and all his own.
After that we dropped Ava off at her last Art Space camp and headed home. Maddux got to pick dinner... Fridays (yeah, we limited his choices to being convenient to Art Space). We just did the cake for Maddux. Didn't it turn out cute! I am impressed with myself (even though George fell over during the night so his back is covered in icing... at least he tipped backwards and not forwards into my letters!).
Whew, it's been a long, but fun day. Kevin is out perusing GPS's... we're going to take up Geocaching!
Here's a few pictures from the day. The photo of Maddux in front of a blue quilt is a tradition. My mom made each kid a quilt when they were born. Every month during their first year I took a picture on the quilt, and now I continue to do it every year on their b-days. It's a lot of fun to watch them grow on a familiar background.





Minnow
5 months ago
5 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
YOUR BUDDY LIAM. :)
Happy Birthday Maddux!
happy birthday maddux!!
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy birthday Maddux!!
Post a Comment