Ava had her dentist appt yesterday at Clark Pediatric Dentistry. This whole process has been so crazy and stressful. I was concerned about Dr. Clark since I had heard a tale of "taking me to the bank", but it was stay with him or wait until August to get an appt somewhere else. I just couldn't get my gut to be happy with waiting until August. I was fearful that the cavity would grow larger, or start or start to hurt. So we trekked over to Dr Clark yesterday morning.
First off, I liked his office. It's not over-the-top, it's just clean and tidy and kid-friendly without being all crazy. I had brought over Ava's x-rays that Young & Polite took. I had specifically requested x-rays that I could take to another dentist and they said that was no problem... well, I feel they screwed me over since what they gave me was almost laughably not useable/readable. I was about to be super pissed because they were going to have to do x-rays which our insurance wouldn't cover, but (score #1) for Dr. Clark, the hygienist said, we have to do x-rays but we won't charge you since this isn't your fault. That to me was a huge plus because they easily could have billed me for them.
Anyway, the hygienist was really cute with Ava and Ava really liked her. Unlike at Y&P where they just freaked her out. Dr. Clark was also great. They were extremely upfront about what needs to be done and even have a private room where it's discussed and you can ask questions. I was concerned about what he'd say, from a friends experience there, but it turned out great. Well, not great, since any cavity sucks, but at least it was what I was expecting.
Ava has 2 cavities and 2 "sticky spots" which we're going to go ahead and treat. Dr. Clark had all the time in the world to explain all about cavities and sticky spots to me, unlike Dr. Young who pretty much blew me off when I asked her the same question. I felt respected there and not looked down on for not being a regular patient of theirs.
So, whew, I feel like something that has taken up a huge portion of my brain space is gone now. I'll let you know how the fillings go.
Minnow
5 months ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment